I havn't forgotten about this blog, I've just been really busy learning lots of interesting things!
Also, doing school work, trying to build up my recording studio (shameless plug), and workin on that hexapod.
Speaking of which, here is a short video of it in operation:
This bot was built using the following components:
- Arduino Decimilia w/protoshield (from adafruit)
- Lynxmotion SSC-32 Servo controller
- 6 - Hitec HS-645MG Servos
- 6 - Hitec HS-322HD Servos
- 6 - sets of pan/tilt servo brackets
- ~2 feet of 1/2" PVC Tubing
- lots of little miscellaneous screws, washers, nuts, and bolts ammounting to around $5 at your local hardware store
Right now I'm just writing functions for things like walking that take speed, direction, and turning radius into consideration.
I'm trying to make it nice and simple to use so I can start writing AI without having to relearn my own code (that means comment galore)
Adding sensors to give the little lady an idea of her surroundings. Did I mention this particular hex is a gentle fun-loving young female who enjoys walks on the beach and firefighters? Her name is baby, and I have to say she's definately entered the awkward teenaged years about now (notice stumbling all over the computer equipment and cables in the video).